Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sitting on a Rainbow

Okay some recent notable events:
-Last Wednesday night I went out to Hemingway. Let me tell you that this is perhaps the most curiously adorable coffee shop to exist in this world. I am not being dramatic, this place is fabulous. As the name implies, the theme is Earnest Hemingway, and the atmosphere is warm & cozy- with tones of blue and brown. They have a vast selection of coffees, teas, and desserts, and with quaint tableware etched with Hemingway's signature & such cutlery like solid chocolate spoons. I indulged in a chinese black tea and a chocolate cheesecake smothered in melted chocolate. It was simply amazing, and seeing as how this place is on a quiet street 5 minutes walking from my apartment- it will def. be a place the girls & I will frequent often, and miss terribly next semester.
-Thursday: I went shopping! Found a few great pieces to add to my wardrobe, and then spent the majority of the evening divided between Dublin Pub & the Jazz Bar with our friends (and my new sweater!). We anticipated karoke, and I was a little disappointed when it turned out there was no karoke that night. There was a band playing Frank Sinatra covers, and it took me a while (hehe!) to realize the singer was not a amateur karaoke singer- I nearly went up and joined him for a duet (Oh, the pleasures of hard cider!).
-Friday:: Fieldtrip with my History of Italian Renaissance class to the small Tuscan town of Pienza. I had to wake up at 7. That did not go over well considering I passed out around 4:30 the night before. It is a 1.5 hour bus ride. I slept the way there, which annoyed me. I tried to stay awake to enjoy the view of the countryside, but exhaustion won. When we got there I had a cup of tea and a nutella filled pastry at a nearby cafe to pick me up. The town was really sweet, and we visited a palace. I absolutely love visiting old home/castles/palaces, etc. so I thoroughly enjoyed this. There is a spectacular view of the Tuscan countryside from the palace- just gorgeous. And at lunch I had a taste of a Pienza goat cheese, a savory strong cheese (heck yes!). Umm, yeah on the way back I managed to stay awake and got to enjoy the view back. Friday night was relatively quiet because the past 24 hours were so tiring.

No comments: